Who is it for:
New and existing members of staff in care or nursing establishments.
To provide personnel with an understanding of the importance of adopting good fire safety practice.
- Principles and means of escape, protected routes, fire alarm systems, emergency lighting and fire resistant structures in care premises.
- What causes fire - development and the behavior of old and infirm persons?
- Staff routines and evacuation procedures. (Day and night procedures)
- Description of the different types of fire extinguishers and their use.
- Practical use of fire fighting equipment, (Not in a fire fighting situation but operation and use on open ground).
Duration: 1 to 1 Hours
Maximum number of students: 15 per course
Students who complete the course will be awarded a certificate of attendance and course notes.
Price: £175 per course (Not per individual)